Marine worm harvesting is conducted by hand or with hand-held tools on mud flats throughout Maritimes Region. For management purposes, the Region is divided into six “marine worm harvest areas” (MWHAs). These are described in detail in licence conditions. Recreational licences are available on an open-entry basis. (MWHA 2 and MWHA 3 are managed as one area, and access under a licence is for both.)
- Season Dates
- The season runs from January 1st to December 31st.
- It is subject to closed times in designated areas at certain times of the year.
- Closed times and areas are updated annually and are listed in licence conditions.
- The harvest is limited to designated mud flats within each MWHA.
- A DFO licence is required and available in the National Online Licensing System. The licence cost is $10 (plus HST).
- Date modified: