SABS Photo Album
Canada's first biological research laboratory was constructed on a floating scow in 1899.
The original main laboratory, built in 1908, was equipped with long working tables, room for storing materials and supplies, and an attic.
Dr. A. G. Huntsman was the Curator of the Biological Station from 1912 to 1921 and Director from 1921 until 1933.
St. Andrews Biological Station site ca. 1916, including the main lab, residence building and workshop.
The Residence Building, originally called the "mess house," provided workers at the Station with excellent meals and comfortable lodging at low cost.
The main lab was destroyed by fire in 1932.
A new fireproof lab was constructed in 1933 and today this part of the complex that houses the Station library.
- Date modified: